Association of Inspectors General
Welcome to the Association of Inspectors General website.
If you are a member of the public...
Welcome to our website!
- You can learn about the association by selecting the "About AIG" button on the main menu.
- If you decide to join the association, membership application information is available at "Join Us" button.
- If you are interested in attending a conference or a training institute, select the "Conferences" and "Institutes" buttons on the main menu.
If you are a member accessing the new site for the first time...
The following are some suggestions as to how to learn about the site, and how to update your membership profile.
- Explore the non-member version of the site. Before you log in for the first time as a member, explore the site as it is seen by the public. As a member, you see membership rosters and have access to features that are not open to non-members. You should be aware of this difference in what is presented to members and what is available to non-members.
- Log in: In the upper-right corner of the website there is a log-in button. You will have to enter your username and password. We may have emailed your username and password to you. But generally your initial username is your first initial combined with your last name. For example, "David Jones" would have the username "djones" but you can change this once you are logged in. If you don't know your password, there is a "forgot-my-password" button. Your password gets emailed to you at the email address that we have on record. If that does not work, click here to email the Executive Director and he will send your username and password to you.
- Explore the site again: Once you have logged in, you will see a different set of menus. For example, if you move your cursor on the "About AIG" menu button, you will see options to view AIG committee memberships. If you click on one of these links, you will see the committee members listed. The information provided is based on the members' "membership profiles." The profile information is mostly provided by the member and can be updated on an ongoing basis. Some information, such as dues payment information and records of Continuing Professional Education credits are entered by AIG staff.
- Review and update your profile: You access your own profile by selecting "My Profile" under the "Members" button. In addition to your name and your access information, your profile includes the following kinds of information:
- Professional information such as your agency, position title, and professional contact information. This information appears in our membership roster.
- AIG appointments and positions you hold such as membership on a committee.
- Personal information, such as your home address. This is not visible to members (and not to the public) but is used by the association to reach you only if absolutely necessary.
- Your professional education transcript, documenting any certifications you may hold and any continuing professional education credits you have earned. This information is only accessible by you and the AIG staff members who update it.
- Your membership administration information, such as dues payment status. This is also private.